Wednesday’s seem like the perfect day to start a new weekly blog post called, “Find Your OM.” For some, Wednesday’s may be a tough one just trying to get through the week and closer to Friday. Instead, I would like us all to focus on being in the present, and bear with me, loving and experiencing the present. That means, yes, today, Wednesday, I need you to take breath, look around you and really welcome the moment.
Here are some tips to be more present:
- Find a calming/centering weekly activity (EX: yoga class, long run, favorite tea or coffee drink, listening to records, etc. Whatever it is make it your time.).
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath for 5 minutes (breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth).
- Visualize a wave of energy flowing through your body from toe to crown of head and back down again with each slow breath.
- Find a favorite essential oil, such as lavender or peppermint, dab on wrist and sniff away.
- Smile and say hello to someone as if they’re an old friend and truly listen to how their day is going.