One thing you may start noticing about me is that I LOVE bananas! I think they are a great snack, great to toss into a smoothie, great to mush into a frozen treat, and also great for baking cookies!
So I found a recipe for banana coconut cookies, and from that I fine tuned it into a delicious, healthy and easy-to-make treat, MiddleCoast style!
Here’s what you need to know:
Ingredients: 3 ripe bananas, cocao powder, dark chocolate chips, pecans, and oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease (I used a coconut oil spray) or line pan with parchment paper
- Mash bananas in bowl, add other ingredients, and mix around (I didn’t measure anything, I like to eyeball it-imagining what I would like to see in every cookie or each bite-sorry but it’s true!)
- Use a spoon to create about 2 inch balls
- Place balls on cookie sheet with some space in between, and flatten slightly (use flatter end of spoon to do this)
- Bake 15 mins
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before you enjoy!
Tip: The more oats you use the less soft/gooey they will be (not saying that you should add more oats, just what you prefer-I think I liked mine on the gooey side)
Hope you enjoy it! If you adjust anything and you love it please feel free to share with me! I always like trying something new! I know next time we are talking using blueberries instead of the dark chocolate chips!